Year 6 Expectations
- Reading: 5 times/week
- Spelling: A selection of spellings will be given to practise 3 times/week. Children should use strategies used in class to rehearse the spellings.
- English: One grammar task / week
One comprehension task / week
- Maths: Multiplication tables practice 3 times/week using suggested activities
One maths task/week
- RE: One activity each half term on the current ‘value’
- Science: One activity per term
- Topic : Two activities per term
Children will be provided with a homework folder containing their homework books (reading, grammar and maths) and a timetable stating the days their homework needs to be handed in. Please ensure the folder is kept in your child’s bag and homework is returned on the designated day (see timetable). Before handing it in, children will be expected to mark their homework, using a different colour pen.
RE, Science and Topic home learning should be emailed to the class email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the icons below for home learning activities.