Uniform is available from Stevensons, 133 Victoria Street, St Albans, Tel: 853262. You can also order uniform on-line by following the link on our school website. Non logo uniform in school colours (eg: skirts, trousers, polo shirts, etc) can often be purchased in local leading stores.
- Navy blue pinafore dress/skirt/trousers (not corduroys or tracksuit bottoms)
- Grey shorts or trousers (not corduroys or tracksuit bottoms)
- Summer dress – small blue and white check
- Plain blue blouse or polo shirt
- School sweatshirt – navy blue with the School badge
- School cardigan - navy blue with the School badge
- School fleece (optional) - navy blue with the School badge – to be worn over school sweatshirt or cardigan and not instead of.
- White, grey or navy socks or navy tights
- Black shoes, NOT BOOTS
- Navy School T-shirt and blue shorts, trainers
- Navy School T-shirt and sweatshirt (not the ones worn to school), navy blue shorts, navy blue football socks and trainers, (tracksuit as an optional extra)
Please note: Children will need a protective overall for art and craft – a shirt suitably adapted is ideal. (This does not apply to Reception Class as they are supplied). It is very important that all coats have strong hooks so that they may be hung securely on pegs.
Any hair accessories should be blue (scrunchies, hair ties) or plain (hair slides, grips etc). No coloured hair accessories should be worn.
Children in Dolphins and Eagles classes will have swimming lessons over a term and a half at St Albans Boys School. Rules and Regulations from the Boys School state that, for this activity, the children will need:
- Swimming costume or trunks (not swimming shorts)
- Swimming hat (all girls and boys with long hair)
For health and safety reasons children are not allowed to wear jewellery, other than a watch to school. (Children with pierced ears may wear stud earrings although the child must be able to remove these or cover them with plasters him/herself before PE lessons.)
Children should not wear nail varnish and body transfers to school. Please keep them for weekends.
All items of uniform should be named to make it easier to return them to their owner.
A named, sports-capped water bottle should be brought into school every day. These can be refilled from the drinking stations around school during break times only.
We recommend that children do not bring expensive belongings to school.