On this page you will find all the information you need to apply for a place at St. Michael’s C of E VA Primary School.
Please refer to the Admissions Policy for more details.
- “Looked after” children or children who were previously “looked after” but immediately after being “looked after” have been adopted or become subject to a child arrangement or special guardianship order.
- Children with a sibling in the school at the time of entry to the school, or with a sibling who has previously attended the school providing they still live within the designated area.
- Children whose home address is within the area of countryside which is bounded to the north by Punch Bowl Lane and to the south by Hemel Hempstead Road.
- Children who at the time of application have their home address in the designated area.
- Children whose parents/carers worship regularly at St Michael’s Church, or the daughter Church of St Mary, Childwick Green, and whose application is accompanied by the school’s SIF, signed by the parish priest verifying the required level of attendance
- Children whose parents/carers worship regularly at another Christian Church and whose application is accompanied by the school’s SIF, signed by the minister verifying the required level of attendance.
- Children whose home address is closest to Top School, St Michael’s Street, St Albans, Herts AL3 4SJ using the straight line distance measurement provided by HCC’s GIS system as outlined in the Under 11s publications.
- Children whose home address is not in the designated area within the Parish but whose parents/carers worship regularly at St Michael’s Church or the daughter Church of St Mary, Childwick Green and whose application is accompanied by the school’s SIF signed by the parish priest verifying the required level of attendance.
- Children of parents/carers who worship regularly at any other Christian Church, and whose application is accompanied by the school’s SIF signed by the minister verifying the required level of attendance.
- All other children.
Please note that children are expected to attend church with their parents/carers when applying under sections 4a, 4b,5 and 6.
How to apply for a Reception place
From September 2010 all parents of nursery age children will be sent information from Children Schools & Families (CSF) on how to apply for a Reception place. For applications being made under Criteria 2, 4a, 4b, 5 and 6 as well as completing and returning your Common Application Form to CSF we would ask that you take the time to fully complete our Supplementary Information Form (SIF) and send this into the school by the due date. A pdf link is provided above. If you do not attend Church but you are applying under Criteria 2, ie your child has an older sibling already in the school, please complete Section 1 of our SIF. If you do attend Church but have no other children currently in the school, please complete Section 2 of our SIF. Please note – if you do not go to Church you are still very welcome to come to St Michael’s. We strongly advise that you read our Admissions Policy in full before completing the forms. The closing date for Reception admissions is 15 January. We hope the above information is helpful to you.
In-year (casual) Admissions
For in-year admissions please follow the County address below for information on the new process: www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions The school office will be using the new in-year application forms for all enquiries during the summer holidays. School office: tel: 01727 854866 Email: email@example.com
Historical Admissions Information
Click on the table below to see historical admissions information.