Supporting children with SEND during the COVID-19 situation
The links below will direct you to pages on the website which are being updated regulary with support and advice for parents of children with SEND.
Learning resources and materials to help your child at home on the Hertfordshire Local Offer website
With children and young people out of education settings at the moment, families may be needing a bit of extra help to keep their child’s education progressing, or just to keep them entertained.
The Local Offer, Hertfordshire’s website for families of young people aged 0 - 25 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), has a resources area where parents and families can find materials and resources they can use to help their child learn key skills. The resources area specifically looks to support those families whose child has an additional need, but it can be used by any family, and may have certain educational activities that can help any pupil to develop a skill they may be struggling with.
- Activity sheets and ideas provided by the Specific Learning Difficulties team, which can help progress in key areas including writing, memory, numbers and spelling
- Practical help for children who are struggling with their mental health, either as a result of COVID- 19 or more generally
- Help with explaining COVID-19 to younger children and young people with autism, including social stories and easy read documents
- Materials which help young people to develop their independence, including cooking activities
- Lots of fun ideas for your children to do independently or as a family at home to encourage them to explore and use their imagination
Find it all at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/SENDresources and do share it with families if you feel it would benefit them.